What is mediation? IT’S NOT COURT AND IT’S NOT PUBLIC LIKE COURT!
Mediation is a process in which a trained facilitator from Kreider Mediation assists disputing parties in communicating their issues and exploring possible solutions. Our mediator do not render any decision or provide any evaluation of the cases; rather, they simply facilitate an exchange of information and settlement alternatives between parties. Mediation is characterized by a cooperative climate which sets the stage for constructive communication in the future. Accordingly, mediation is used extensively in family disputes, particularly those involving divorce, child custody issues, and also in business or other cases involving an ongoing relationship.
Mediation Our Mediators will remain 100 percent neutral because they do not have a personal interest in the outcome of mediation. Our Mediators are simply there to help you negotiate.
Benefits of Mediation
- Control…Mediation is a win – win situation. The process can be difficult but the outcome is based on both parties looking for an agreeable outcome. There is no judge, no jury, no one to make a decision for you…but you!
- Confidential. Unlike the potential publicity of court proceedings, everything said at the mediation is entirely confidential to the parties (unless specifically agreed otherwise).
- Voluntary. The disputing parties are there because they want to be there. No one is forcing you to go…
- Convenience. The mediation is arranged at a venue (We are online via Zoom) convenient to the parties, who each have their own room as well as a separate room for joint meetings. Our Mediators listens to everyone’s view, talks to the parties privately and together, guiding them towards a settlement.
- Reduced Costs. Generally the cost is greatly reduced in comparison with trying to settle the matter through court. Lawyers and court costs can be very expensive. We charge based on how complex your case is.
- Faster outcome. Because mediation can be used early in a dispute, an agreement can usually be reached quicker than if pursuing through the courts. It usually lasts a few hours to a couple days, but you choose how long.
- Support. Mediators are trained in working with difficult situations. Our Mediators acts as a neutral facilitator and supports each party through the process. We have never turn our back on any party.
- Preservation of Relationships. Whether is may be a business or family dispute, preservation of relationships can be a key benefit of mediation. Our Mediation’s help participants focus on effectively communicating with each other as opposed to attacking each other. You may walk away from the mediation with a mending relationship!
FIND OUT MORE BY FILLING OUT OUR CONFIDENTIAL NO COST CONSOLATION CONTACT FORM.