Basic 40 Hour Texas Certification Mediation Training
The 40 Hour Basic Mediation Course is designed to give individuals the skills and credentials they need to become a professional mediator in the State of Texas. This training focuses on the mediation model that can be utilized in all Texas cities and counties. Individuals actively participate in practice mediation following each lecture session, and certificates are provided to participants upon completion of the course.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Individuals interested in learning the basic process and skills for becoming a professional mediator in the State of Texas.
- HR professionals seeking more collaborative approaches to resolving internal organizational disputes.
- Attorneys looking to improve their collaborative negotiation skills for use in the practice of Collaborative Law and those wishing to become more effective advocates in the mediation process.
- Professionals and community leaders needing to enhance their “informal” mediation skills for resolving conflicts among individuals, groups, or organizations.
- Any professional, regardless of role or level within an organization, who wants to be certified in advanced workplace mediation and train others in conflict resolution skills.
What You Will Learn!
- What Is Mediation & How To Start
- Model Standards for Mediators
- Different Styles Of Mediation
- Opening Statements & How To Prepare for Mediation
- The Mediation Process
- Negotiation Techniques
- Practical Tips In Mediation
- Importance of Active Listening In Mediation
- Ethics in Mediation
- Coping With Difficult People
- Impasse Techniques & How to Prevent Them
- How To Prepare a Settlement Agreement
- Mediator Objectives
- Mediator Safety
- How to Build a Thriving, Profitable Mediation Practice
- Mediation Website Development and Marketing Techniques
- Mediation in the Court System
- Observe real court mediation’s during your training
And Much More…
Basic 40 Hour Texas Certification Mediation Training Includes:
- Documents for Scheduling Meditation
- Opening Statement Examples
- Mediator Agreements
- Sample Settlement Agreements & More
- Negotiation Manual
- “Tips On Mediation” Manual
- Harvard Law Mediation Material
- 40 Hours of MCLE plus Three Hours of Ethics Required in Texas
- Certificate of Training Upon Completion (Digital and Hard Copy)
- And Much More…
Mediator Salary in Texas
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts a 9% employment growth for arbitrators, mediators and conciliators from 2014 to 2024. The BLS also notes that Texas arbitrators, mediators and conciliators earned a median annual wage of $71,733/year in 2020.
Questions and Answer
- Question: What is included with the 40 Hour Basic Mediation Course?
- Answer: The 40 Hr Basic Mediation Course is what is required by the State of Texas to mediate in the court system. This course includes a robust ethical portion and modern marketing techniques that will not only help you with your mediation business, but with any other business you pursue. Students will receive a Texas State Bar Approved 40 Hour Basic Mediation Training Certificate upon finishing the course.
- Question: Are there State of Texas mandatory requirements to mediate?
- Answer: Texas does not have state mandated requirements for mediator certification or licensing.
- Question: What does it take to be a court appointed mediator?
- Answer: Court appointed mediators are expected to meet the requirements of Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Section 154.052. This course provides the basic requirements.
- Question: Does a mediator need to be a lawyer or Do I need a degree?
- Answer: In many states, a law degree or bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite for being listed as a court approved mediator. However, Texas does not require that you have a law degree or bachelor’s degree. Anyone can be a mediator if they have the appropriate training. Lawyers, Accountants, Real Estate Agents, Mental Heath Professionals etc. make great mediators!
- Question: Once you have the training…Now what?
- Answer: Now that you have the mediation training, it is suggested that you volunteer your mediation services to different organizations, such as one of the many Texas County Dispute Resolution Centers (DRC). This not only helps you gain valuable mediation experience, but also fills an existing need for qualified mediators. Volunteer your mediator services at church, work, etc. In order to join certain professional mediator credentialing organizations, you are required to have a minimum amount of mediation experience. Volunteering is a great way!
ONLINE 40 HOUR BASIC MEDIATION COURSE
All resident or in-person classes that were scheduled have been cancelled due to the Covid-19 outbreak. However, the need for qualified mediators has not gone away. With that being said, if you are still interested in becoming a mediator, please consider taking our online Zoom 40 Hour Basic Mediation Course. You will receive the same qualifying training at a fraction of the cost and mandated social distancing. All you need is Wi-Fi and a device that can conduct Zoom video-conferencing (PC, Mac, Smart Phone, iPad’s etc.). Flexible training dates are available. Please contact us for more information.
Payment plans available for regular price only. Please provide any discount codes in your message.
Become a certified mediator and start working in the field now.
The cost of the course is $595.00 per student. Reduced price is available with proper discount code or verification of first responder/veteran status.
Please contact us for Upcoming Training Dates for 40 Hour Basic Mediation Course and Advanced 30 Hour Family Mediation Course.
Upcoming Training Dates for 40 Hour Basic Mediation Course Aug and Sep
There are 10 days of four (4) hour course sessions planned. Each session must be conducted in order. Any preceding sessions that are not conducted by student must be completed before starting the next session.
40 Hour Basic Mediation Course August 2021 Training Dates
Aug 3th, 4th, and 5th…2 PM to 6 PM
Aug 10th and 12th…2 PM to 6 PM
Aug 17th, 18th, and 19th…2 PM to 6 PM
Aug 24th and 26th…2 PM to 6 PM
40 Hour Basic Mediation Course September 2021 Training Dates
Sep 7th, 8th, and 9th…2 PM to 6 PM
Sep 14th and 16th…2 PM to 6 PM
Sep 21th, 22th, and 23rd…2 PM to 6 PM
Sep 28th and 30th…2 PM to 6 PM
There are limited training seats per class. To reserve you training seat please use the contact form below or call/text 832-612-6605. (Please Include Any Discount Codes) You can also reserve your seat by clicking one of the buttons below.